Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Journey 11/30/10

At this point of treatment everything is going as planned. It does seem that my throat is not hurting as much right now and my voice is getting a little better. It doesn't seem to break up as much and seems to have lowered some.

Today I picked up the prescription cream for radiation treatment burn. I almost need a prescription for heart failure when I saw the price for the cream. lol

I wasn't going to get it but I was told at the treatment center that it will keep me from having scars from the radiation burn on my neck.

As I was walking out of the pharmacy with my high dollar scar preventor I started thinking about scars. I wonder if this will work on old scars. I have a few of them on my body. I doubt that will work. :)

I begin to think about scars that we have in our lives that are not physical. There are many today that have emotional scars. Scars from events in their life that many would say have, "Scared them for life."

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a prescription cream we could buy that would erase those kind of scars. Many of these scars are self inflicted. Things we have done that we shouldn't have. Sins committed with the knowledge that what we were doing was sin and yet sinned anyway.

There is a prescription that can heal the hurts and even take away the scars. It did cost a lot more then the cream I bought. It cost the life of God's son. The good news is that Jesus paid the price.

What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus. Oh precious is that flow, that washes white as snow; no other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away, behold all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17.

Of course, to make the cream, I bought work, I have to apply it and follow the directions. For Jesus to take away the scars and pain you have to "apply" His word and follow the directions.

Blessings.

27 down and 6 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment