Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Journey 12/1/10

I am nearing the end of the journey as far as radiation treatments go. There has been some change that I can begin to notice. My throat doesn't seem to have as big as a lump in it when I swallow as it did before.

My neck is more blistered then it has been and this cold weather makes the skin hurt more then usual but that will pass as it begins to heal. I guess it would be like a real bad sun burn for a month.

I really won't know the outcome of the treatment for a month or so after the treatment. That is when I will go back to the ENT doctor and he will put a scope in my throat to be able to see what it looks like.

As I was setting in the waiting room today before treatment there is a new man that has just starting coming for treatment. I asked him what he was being treated for but I don't think he heard me. I could see on his face some apprehension. Perhaps that is what I was looking like when I first went and sat in the waiting room. I hope to talk to him tomorrow.

I was thinking today as I was coming back from treatment. No matter what we are facing or going through there is always someone facing or going through something worse. Then I thought it really isn't how bad or not so bad something is you are going through, the important thing is who is going through it with you.

What a comfort to know that Jesus Christ is always present but also family and friends who stand by your side in prayer and encouragement. It is just good to know, you are not alone.

So many today want to "go it alone". We all need someone. I would not like to think I would have to face cancer "alone", or anything other trial for that matter.

The good news is that none of us have to "go it alone". If you don't have family find a church and begin to worship there and become part of a church family.

Today I want to encourage you not to be a "Lone Ranger". Seek out a family member or friend for help and strength when you are going through a trial. Go to church, listen to the word of God. There is strength and comfort in Him.

Be Blessed.

28 down and 5 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment