Monday, November 29, 2010

The Journey 11/29/10

My wife, Marcia, and I had a great Thanksgiving with our sons and their families. I am back to treatments today through December 8th and then I am done.

We had great Sunday services yesterday. Today my throat and neck are sore and painful but as I was driving to the treatment center I thought, no amount of pain today can take from me what God did in my life yesterday and no amount of pain today can take away my hope for tomorrow.

Sometimes we let pain, whether it is physical, mental, emotional, financial or other rob us of what God is doing in our lives. I am not saying that God gives us pain, I am just saying that when pain comes we can either allow it to determine our attitude to either be good or bad.

Are you going through some kind of pain in your life? Could I just ask you today to not let it determine your outlook or attitude toward others. Sometimes we think because we have pain we have a "right" to be grouchy or mean when in reality we don't have that right. Christ in all His pain was able to say, "Father forgive them".

Now, I am not rejoicing because of the pain in my neck and the burning in my throat but I am rejoicing that "I've got something the world can't give and the world can't take it away". That something is salvation through Jesus Christ!

I encourage you today to press on, keep focused on the goal and live a life pleasing to Jesus.

Blessings...

26 down and 7 to go.





P.S. I do believe that my voice is getting better or maybe I should say stronger. It is still pretty raspy but it doesn't seem to break up as much as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment