Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Journey 11/4/10

They say a picture says a thousand words so I figured a video would say more.(Bottom of post) I am sad that I have lost my hair. Of course, I lost that years ago. lol

You really don't know how much you use your voice until it is a strain to use it. I guess it is like everything else in life. We don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it. I am grateful that I can still preach on Sunday mornings and I am thankful for a good microphone. Most of all I am thankful for a congregation that will endure the raspy voice.

Most the time I am asked, "How are you doing?" I am doing OK but at times it gets frustrating not being able to speak clearly or a little over a whisper.

I guess there are a lot of things in life that can frustrate us and usually it is because something is not going our way. I think a lot of times frustrations could be a form of selfishness. Even with my voice, "it is not going my way" could run true there.

Sometimes we just have to take a deep breath and realize He is in control and He is not frustrated at all and He sees the beginning and THE END. He knows when this will all end, and since He does I am going to do as His word says and Lean not on my own understanding but in all my ways I am going to acknowledge Him.

I want to encourage you today to appreciate what you have. Appreciate your family, your spouse, your children, your parents, your job, your church, your friends.

David tells us to "Let everything that hath breath Praise the Lord". Are you breathing? Then praise the Lord. Yes, life can be frusturating but it can also be exciting when you are a believer in Jesus Christ and are trusting Him with your life.

Blessings.

12 down and 23 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment