Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Journey 11/9/10

I think you have to always realize "it's not over until it's over" when you are involved in a process that takes time. I am in the third week of treatment and still have four weeks to go. Right now it seems like four years to go but I know it will go by faster then it seems it is right now.

I am really not experiencing much discomfort other then when I swallow and my neck does itch and, of course, I was told not to scratch it. I think that makes it itch even more.

What is it that you are wanting God to hurry up and get done? There is an old song that goes like this: "You can't hurry God, you just have to wait, you have to trust Him and give Him time no matter how long it takes. He's a God that you can't hurry but He'll be there so don't your worry. He may not come when you want Him but He's right on time."

We must always remember that He hears us when we pray but there are times that the answer is delayed. I think of Daniel when he prayed. Twenty-one days later his answer arrived, but it was sent the moment he prayed. What was the delay? In this case the forces of darkness were trying to keep it from happening. God sent another angel (Michael) to help get the answer through.

Waiting is never easy. We live in a "want it now world". Most of the stuff we want fixed "right now" didn't break or get messed up over night. Just like this cancer on my vocal cord; it didn't get this way over night.

Trust God....that is not a Christian cliche but it is the Word of God. Psalms 4:5 says to put your trust in the Lord.

Can you trust Him with everything that is going on in your life? Trust that He will bring you through? Trust that He is in control?

I want to encourage you today to continue to trust in Him and keep your faith in Him.

Blessings.

15 down and 20 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment