Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Journey 11/23/10

I am beginning to feel some of the results of radiation this week. There is a lot more pain and discomfort. It may be because I am on the second and final phase of radiation.

I went to the pharmacy yesterday to get the prescription to help ease the pain. I went back at the time I was told it would be ready. The pharmacist came out and told me that he was missing one ingredient. (This is a liquid substance that has to be mixed).

I should get it today. When he told me he was missing one ingredient I began wondering how many people are missing one ingredient in their life.

Many think today that if they have one more "thing" it will satisfy them only to find out after they have that "thing" for awhile; it did not produce any satisfaction but only a desire to have something bigger and better. So they are still missing that "one ingredient".

So many are pursing something to try and bring peace or joy or happiness and yet when they get what is being pursued there is still that unfulfilled void...the missing ingredient.

That one missing ingredient is a surrendered life to Jesus Christ. There is nothing in this life that can fill the area of our lives that only Jesus Christ can.

I think the song "Only Jesus Can Satisfy Your Soul" says it best.

Is there a missing ingredient in your life? Are you trying to find fulfillment outside of Jesus Christ? I can assure you that it won't happen until you allow Jesus Christ to come into your life, by faith.

Today, place your faith and trust in Him. He, and He alone can fill the longing in your life.

Blessings.

24 down and 9 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment