Friday, November 12, 2010

The Journey 11/12/10

Today I hit the "over the half way mark". I am hoping that I will begin to hear some change in my voice soon. If the doctor gives me a week off after next weeks treatments I may be able to tell some difference.

We have all been on a trip when someone asks the question, "Are we there yet?" We just took a church trip to Giant City park and some of the kids were asking me that very question or something similar, "How much longer?"

Have you ever asked God this question? "How much longer before Jesus returns?" I think we all, who believe, would like Him to return today. I know I would and yet I realize that my time is not His time.

There is still work to be done. Are your family, friends and neighbors all born again? If not, there is still work to be done. Sometimes when we look at what we need to do we can become overwhelmed but in reality it is sharing the gospel with one person at a time, building relationships and friendships with people, which builds trust. It is after that, we have the credibility with them to share the gospel of Jesus. I realize there are those times when God by His Spirit will lead you to a person that you may or may not know and lead them to a saving knowledge of Jesus, but usually someone else has already planted the seed, built a friendship and you were where you needed to be in the process.

Jesus tells us in the Bible to "Occupy until He comes". I take that to mean that we are to be about His business right up until the end of time as we know it.

Let's continue to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to everyone".

When the kids on the bus asked me, "Are we there yet?" my answer was, "Almost". And when they asked me, "How much longer?" my answer was, "Not much."

It won't be much longer before Jesus returns. Let's be about the Father's business.

Revelation 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Maranatha!!!

18 down and 17 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment