Monday, November 8, 2010

The Journey 11/8/10

I am in my third week of treatment. Everything seems to be going OK. I still don't seem to have any strength in my voice, although, yesterday I felt it was better while I preached. I am still trying not to talk much through the week. It is almost impossible not to talk at all.

My neck is getting a little more sun burned looking but so far my neck does not hurt. It is still a little difficult to swallow but not near as bad as it was a few days ago.

Today there was a lady at the treatment center that had her last treatment. There is a bell to ring when you are at the end of your treatment and everyone there makes it a pretty big deal on that day. I rejoice with her. I think I heard them say she had caner in her lungs.

I was thinking after I heard that bell that there is going to be another sound one day soon. It will be a sound that will signal the end as well.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

What a great, final day that will be. The Lord himself is going to call for that sound. I trust you are ready for that day.

As I was driving to the hospital today on highway 161 (the way I always go) I drove past the Kapp's house.

I thought as I drove past, "Roger and Tammy are praying for me". I realize that there are many people in the church and around this state that are doing the same, but when I saw their house it hit me, the realization of all those that are praying for me.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. What a blessing to know that there are others helping to carry the load. I personally don't think that "to bear one another's burdens" means that we carry them around with us, I think it means that we take them to God in prayer. We are told in His word to pray one for another.

You will never know the impact you have on another person's life when you pray for them.

Blessings.

14 down and 21 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment