Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Journey 11/2/10


This is the radiation machine. I lay on the table and it swings from one side to the other. There is a special designed plate with my name on it that is used for the treatment. It runs about 13 seconds on each side.

I have begun to notice that it is a little uncomfortable now to swallow. That is one of the effects of treatment. That should go away after the treatment is over.

I wonder if I will have to have Thanksgiving dinner via a blender. Maybe I will have to have baby food jars of turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes...you get the drift. LOL

It sometimes is hard to swallow just a drink of water. It doesn't really hurt in the sense of pain but it is uncomfortable.

I can at least pick and chose which kinds of food I want to eat based on the ability to swallow them with the least discomfort.

Too many times we find those who want to also pick and choose what they will believe from the Bible based on what will or will not cause discomfort. With physical food I can choose, with spiritual food (the Bible) I can't. I have to eat what is placed before me from Him. Of course, what He gives us is for our best interest.

What has He placed before you that you heartily eat and what has He placed before you that you want to ignore or pass on? We can't have it both ways. Think of the things that we have said we don't need to do that He has said in His word we do need to do. Or, on the other hand, the things He has said in His word we should not do that we go ahead and do anyway.

Have you ever said or heard the phrase, "That is hard to swallow". Most of the time that phrase means, "I can't hardly believe that." There are a lot of things in life that are "hard to swallow" or are a little bit "unbelievable".

Here is something that is "believable and able to swallow" because His word says it.

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. JOHN 3:16

You can chew up "what I say" and spit out what you determine "I said" is hard to swallow, but we can not pick and choose what we want to swallow when it comes to what He says in His word.

David wrote this in Psalms 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea sweeter then honey to my mouth!

The old song says it best. Come and Dine the Master calleth, Come and Dine. You may feast at Jesus table all the time. He who fed the multitude, turned the water into wine. To the hungry calleth now Come and Dine.

He has invited us all to come to His table to eat and it is all good for us. Pull up a chair....

Blessings.

10 down and 25 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment