Monday, September 12, 2011

There will be some things you can't do....

After my surgery I was reading some material about what to expect afterwards and some things I may not be able to do. One of them was water sports.

I am not a real water sports enthusiast anyway so it didn't really matter except I like to fish.

Of course I can fish off the bank but it is always better in a boat. Of course, you understand that if I fell in the water that water would come into my lungs with nothing to stop it. That would not be good.

Today I did go fishing. I went with a friend of mine. He has a great boat and he is a great fisherman and knows how to handle his boat.

It was great. We caught a few but it was just good to be out fishing. I did have fish for supper tonight.

There will always be things that we can't do and many times we focus on those rather then on the things we can do.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard a Christian say, "Do you mean I can't do that?" I realize Paul said, 1 Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

That leads me to believe that there were things that even Paul would not do. Things that would not edify. The idea here as you read on in 1 Corinthians is that he did not want to hurt others by what he did. He wanted to be a good example.

So there are things I will no longer be able to do after surgery just as after becoming a believer in Jesus Christ there will be things that I no longer want to do.

Ask yourself this question. "Do the things that I do lead others to want to know Christ or cause them to question my commitment to Christ?"

Something to think about...while fishing.

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment