Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I believe I can do that....

Yesterday we had a minister's fellowship meeting. I am one of the presbyters so my responsibility was to open the meeting and close it.

This would be the first time I have gotten up front and said more then a couple words to a group of people.

Everyone seemed to be able to understand me. I am working at being able to talk at the correct pace.

I am going to be preaching my first sermon since this surgery on October 2nd, in our evening service. I am beginning a series entitled "UP" and I will then continue it on the following Sunday morning services in October.

There is still a lot of work to do to be able to talk for more then a few minutes but by then I hope to be there.

I will begin radiation treatments soon so I don't know how that will affect things. I will just have to wait and see on that.

At least for now I believe I am over the hump and hopefully the worst is behind me.

I love this portion of scripture:

2 Corinthians 4:7-10 But this precious treasure — this light and power that now shine within us is held in a perishable container, that is, in our weak bodies. Everyone can see that the glorious power within must be from God and is not our own. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do, but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going. These bodies of ours are constantly facing death just as Jesus did; so it is clear to all that it is only the living Christ within who keeps us safe. TLB

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment