Friday, September 9, 2011

The high price of living.....

It is hard to believe the price of the device that I am using on my neck now. They are only good for a couple days and then you have to get a new one.

I can buy them thirty in a package plus I have to buy the adapter that sticks on my neck. They are not cheap either and they are only good for a day.

Today I was experimenting with one of the cartridges and realized I can take it apart and clean the filter. I think I can now get a few days out of one rather then just two days.

The other brand I am also using can't be taken apart without breaking it. I am sure as time goes by I will learn some other tricks to save on money without putting my health in danger.

When I say the high cost of living I am not just talking about bills but about breathing. Without these devices I would be hacking all the time and it would be very difficult to get out in the colder months. So it will cost but it will be worth it.

What about the "high cost of sinning"? The bible tells us in Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

James says, James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Sin brings death but Jesus gives life. Today might be a good day to look at your life and ask yourself..."Am I living or dying?"

Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

This verse reminds me of taking a multiple choice test in school, except here God gives us the correct answer. CHOOSE LIFE!

I encourage you today, if you haven't already, to choose life.

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment