Friday, September 2, 2011



Did you just say something?

We are told a picture is worth a thousand words. Today I would rather have the thousand words.

If you click on the play button below my picture you can get a sample of what I am sounding like right now.

I believe, as time goes on, that my voice will become stronger and clearer. It has just been a little over a week since I had the voice prosthesis installed and then for a few days I really didn't try to talk because my throat was sore.

I am sure that I will learn not to waste words. It does take more effort to talk now then it did before.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak...

The Bible has a lot to say about our words. It is important what we say. Has what you said ever gotten you in trouble? Have you ever wished you could take back what you said? We probably all have at one time or another.

I am going to be more careful in the future. I want my words to count. I want my words to make a positive difference in people's lives.

We have this article on our refrigerator. I don't know who wrote it but it is good.

"Words can destroy or build up, reject or accept, humiliate or encourage, injure or heal. Proverbs 18:21 say, "The tongue has the power of life and death" (NIV). Indeed. Words can break hearts, crush spirits and ruin lives. The can also convince people to do great things, overcome seemingly insurmountable odds and live better lives. Words have the power to set a person onto a course of God-given fulfillment.

At their best, words can let us know we are loved, forgiven, set free and accepted. Start a sentence with "I" and string a couple of words to it and suddenly you have phrases such as "I love you", "I am sorry", "I believe in you", "I forgive you" and "I am a follower of Christ". You can literally transform your world by what you say".


What is that you said?

Blessings,
Rick


No comments:

Post a Comment