Thursday, September 8, 2011

Have you ever played the game with your kids...."I've got your nose"? Then you put your thumb between your first and and second finger.

Today I got a new nose. I know it sounds strange but since I no longer breath through my nose I got a device that is a filter/humidifier that goes over the stoma in my neck and does what my nose did before.

It won't help me smelling things but it will help cut down on the coughing that I have been doing.

How about this? "I got a new heart". Of course, that is possible today with transplants but I am not talking about our physical heart that pumps our blood but a "new heart" given to us when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior.

David said this:Ps 51:10-12 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

In Ezekiel it says this:Ezek 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Many today are still living with an old heart that has yet to be cleansed through Jesus Christ. It does not have to be that way for you. You can get a new lease on life, a fresh new start. 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There is a chorus we sing written by David Ingles.

I'm a new creation
I'm a brand new man
Old things are passed away
I am born again
More than a conqueror
That's who I am
I'm a new creation
I'm a brand new man


You can make that your song today simply by asking Jesus Christ into your life. Rom 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Yes, today I got a new nose. Today you can get a new heart.

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment