Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurry up...........and wait.

Yesterday I went for an appointment to set up the radiation therapy. The appointment was for 2:30. I saw the doctor at 4:30. Fortunately I didn't have to be anywhere else.

It is interesting that Peter said in the list of things to "add to your faith" that patience is one of them.

James put it like this: James 1:2-4 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Patience has a big part in receiving from the Lord. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

It seems to me that a lot of things in the Bible are tied in with patience. Being patient does not mean we just set or stand idly by and do nothing. It is during those times of waiting that we continue to trust, believe, pray and stand fast in His word.

What is it that you are waiting on today?

There is a chorus that we used to sing, it went like this:

You can't hurry God,
You just have to wait.
You have to trust Him and give Him time,
No matter how long it takes.
He's a God that you can't hurry,
But He'll be there so don't you worry.
He may not come when you want Him,
But He's right on time.


I am sure I will have many opportunities to practice patience these next few months and as I do I am sure things will go a lot smoother.

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment