Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The other day a friend asked me when I thought things would be back to normal. That is a legitimate question. I have thought that myself.

As I thought about that question I came to the conclusion that what was normal for me before all this will no longer be normal for me after I recover.

I am headed for a NEW normal.

I think that is how it is no matter what we deal with. The thing we deal with will cause us to change. It will cause us to change the way we think, act, etc., and in my case the way I talk.

There will be things that I will not be able to do. One thing is water activities. I do like to jump in a pool every now and then but that is something I won't miss. Even shaving will be a little different.

So now I am moving toward a new normal. I think of the disciples after they were called by Jesus. What they thought to be normal in their life would no longer be normal.

Once we accept Christ in our lives we take on a new normal. 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

That sounds like a new normal to me. Life happenings will always cause us to make changes. Very little actually ever remains the same. As students go back to school this year there are changes from last year. We have to learn to move forward amidst the changes and allow God by His Spirit to mold us and shape us as we become what He wants us to be.

So I guess we could say that we will never be just normal. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with us it just means that as each days brings what it does, we are going to have to remain flexible so that Christ can make any adjustments in us that need to be made so that we may do as Paul said, "run with patience the race that is set before us".

Blessings,
Rick



1 comment: