Friday, August 26, 2011

That tastes good....

I was told that after surgery I would probably lose my sense of taste and smell. I do think I have lost most if not all of my sense of smell but thankfully I have not lost all of my sense of taste.

Marcia made some potato soup the other night and I could taste it very well. I am thankful for that.

David said in the Bible:Ps 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

If I did have to lose my taste I would much rather lose my taste of food then my taste of the things of God.

Ps 119:103103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

I wonder how many today have lost their taste to the Word of God? Most of the time our appetite is related to our taste. If we can't taste it we lose our appetite for it.

I am praying today that as you read this that your taste and appetite for God will be renewed. That there will be a renewed hunger and desire to read God's word.

David went on to say:Ps 119:104-105 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

His word will help light the way when we hit dark areas in this life. With it we can always have direction.

I am thankful that I have retained the ability to taste even though I was told it would probably be lost.

Let me ask you....have you read His word lately....how did it taste?

Blessings,
Rick



No comments:

Post a Comment