Monday, August 29, 2011

It was the only one we had and it was broken.....

After I got home from the hospital I had to be fed through a feeding tube in my neck. It was too short for me to be able to do it so Marcia did the honors.

The syringe they gave us at the hospital finally wore out and broke. We were in a dilemma because it was the last one we had.

The next day Marcia looked all over town to try and find one. She finally went to the farm store in town and found one for giving medicine to farm animals. The problem with it was the tip did not fit the feeding tube. We had to rig it so it would work. It did not work real well but at least we could get the food and medicine I needed down the tube. It was quite messy because it would leak.

The next day she went to the clinic and they had what we needed. We had to work with the make shift syringe for a couple days before getting a replacement.

One a side note...the syringes were good for just a short time. The rubber on the plunger would begin to stick and then be very difficult to push in.

A couple days later I went to get something out of the trunk of the car and there I found a large bag filled with the correct syringes. The nurse at the hospital had put them there when she loaded some other supplies in the car for us. We were unaware they were in there until I found them.

This is a case of "having what you need but not knowing it". Think of the time and energy it took to try and find what we needed only to get one that did not work that well but we settled for it thinking that was the best we could do.

I wonder how many today settle for something that just barely gets them by. We had exactly what we needed...it was in our possession...it had been given to us...but we didn't know it.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

We were struggling along with a make shift syringe not because we didn't have the correct kind but because we didn't know we had the correct kind.

What is it that you are struggling along with today? God has the correct thing you need. He has made it available for you.

I think of all the promises in the Bible that are ours. They have been given to us but if we don't know it we will just struggle along.

I want to invite you today to open up the Bible and see for yourself. He is a Great God who has given us great and mighty and precious promises that are ours. They can all be obtained through faith in Him.

As the father told the elder son in the story of the prodigal son...Luke 15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

Blessings,
Rick






No comments:

Post a Comment