Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ouch that hurts!!!!

On July 27, I was at St. John's in Springfield, IL. I was getting ready to have surgery so the doctor could get a biopsy from my vocal cords. This is an out patient surgery. Of course, I was completely sedated for this procedure. When the doctor got me out and started they could not get the scope down my wind pipe. They said that it was almost completely closed and that my vocal cords were like stone.

This meant that they had to do an emergency tracheotomy on me. To do this they had to wake me back up. I could feel them cutting on my neck and going through the layers of skin and flesh to get to my wind pipe.

I can remember laying there moaning and groaning feeling the pain. I could here them talking to me. I guess they can't do that procedure while a person is totally out. They did use local anesthesia on me.

When I got back to my room I was thinking about the times that Jesus has to prune us, shape us and mold us to make us what He wants us to be. He has never done that to me while I was sleeping.

The doctor told me that he didn't even know how I was able to breath. He said once they got the procedure done I began to breath with great ease.

Perhaps today you are having a difficult time breathing spiritually and Jesus needs to do some work on you. It may hurt but when it is done it will be like a breath of fresh air.

What is it that Jesus needs to prune away from your life or you need to lay aside. Whatever it is, it will be worth having done or doing, even though it may hurt some.

Don't allow a little pain of change to keep you from becoming all He has for you.

Yes, it did hurt that day, but I am alive and breathing well now. It may hurt some at the altar of prayer but when you are done you will be alive in Him.

Blessings,
Rick

2 comments:

  1. Excellent Rick; knowing you couldn't help but feel the empathy as you had to go through that. But, so true...amen; great application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, God will never prune you while you are sleeping.... love that!! Love you and Marcia too! :)

    ReplyDelete