Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I looked up the word journey. Here is one of the definitions I found. JOURNEY: usually suggests that one travels a long distance and often that the traveling may be dangerous or difficult.

We are all on a journey of some sort. Some have more twists and turns then others but none the less we are all on a journey.

The journey I am on has had some real bumps in the road these last few years. From diagnosis of cancer on my vocal cords followed by seven weeks of radiation with the report that the cancer was gone.

My voice never did clear up and seemed to keep getting worse. I went back to the doctor five months later only to find that the cancer had returned. Now I was facing a bigger bump in the road. I was going to have to have my voice box removed. For a preacher that is really not great news but none the less it had to be done.

So the journey continues with some new twists and challenges. Am I up to them? In myself probably not but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My challenge and bump is learning to talk again with a voice prosthesis. What is yours? Each of us, no matter what we face, have to face it. It would do no good for me to give up. That is what the enemy of our soul wants us to do.

I am reminded of what God told Moses in the wilderness...Go Forward!

Be encouraged today that no matter what you are facing, He already knew you would be facing it and and has given the equipment to be victorious.

Blessings,

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment