Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Journey 10/27/10

As I was laying on the table this morning getting ready to take my treatment, with my head hooked to the table I began to think about control.

What I have, cancer on my vocal cords, was not in my control. Losing my voice was not in my control. The amount of radiation is not in my control. The time set for me to be at the hospital is not in my control. (I can adjust it occasionally). I guess what I am saying. I AM NOT IN CONTROL.

How many times are we told to "take control of the situation", or "you are in control of your destiny"? Maybe you have heard similar statements.

I suppose as I get older, and with what I have right now, shows me once again that I am not in control. As Christians, we will make the statement (and it is true) "God is in control" and yet we, many times, want to live our lives as though we are control and when we can't control something we tend to get very frustrated and at times angry.

Who is in control. Ultimately God has the final say on everything. While here on earth we do have a couple choices. We do get to chose who will be in control of our lives. God says in Deut. 29:13 that He sets before us life and death. There is the choice. He then tells us the correct choice when He says, "Choose life". But, there again, the choice is ours to make.

If we choose life, (Jesus) then He is in control and if we choose death, (Satan) then he is in control. Anyway, that is how I see it.

I am glad the He is in control. Paul tells us in the bible, we have been bought with a price. The price paid, Christ's death, burial and resurrection.

I guess the bottom line is this. Who is in control? You will have to answer that.

To this point in my treatment I am not experiencing any adverse side effects. My voice is still weak but some are telling me that it is clearer and not as raspy. I'll take their word for it.

Psalms 27:33 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

Blessings.

6 down and 29 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment