Monday, October 25, 2010

The Journey 10/25/10

I just got back from radiation treatment. I found out today that every Monday they take blood for blood work. It didn't work in my left arm so they pulled the needle and went into my right arm. That finally worked.

Here is what I do while I am laying on the table taking radiation treatment. As I had mentioned early, I think of the radiation as the fiery furnace the Hebrew children where thrown in.

The bible indicates that the only thing that was affected by the fire were the ropes they were tied with. They didn't even smell like smoke. So while I am laying there and the machine is shooting me with radiation I am thanking Jesus that the only thing that will be affected is the thing that is bondage, the cancer.

So far there have been no side effects. I realize I have only started but I am going to keep trusting Him that only the bondage will be burned.

Marcia and I had a quick trip to Minneapolis this past weekend. Her sister was married on Sunday. It was a long and tiring trip but it was worth it to be at her sister's wedding.

I thank the Lord for a great group of believers at Salem Assembly that understand the importance of family. That is our vision statement...Ministering to the Family. Thank you Salem Assembly.

I have not been to a doctor in years so when the bills started rolling in it looked like everyone gets a piece of the pie. Some I see and others I don't. I try not to shake any employee's hand at the hospital because I might get a consultation bill. Just kidding. Actually the doctors and staff have been very kind and gracious.

This week will be the first full week of treatment since I just started last Wednesday.

4 down and 31 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment