Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Journey 10/19/10

No doctor appointment today. I start tomorrow with radiation treatment. They will continue for 7 weeks, 5 days a week.

I was thinking about Paul's statement in 2 Tim. 4:7, I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

I realize he was getting ready to leave this world and I know I am not but the part of the statement "I have finished my course".

He tells us how he did that by fighting a good fight and keeping the faith. His faith did not keep him from having difficulties but it did keep him from quiting in the midst of them.

I was thinking about "the course". We very seldom know what lies ahead and if we knew we may not want to get up in the mornings, but because of faith we move forward.

Sometimes the course is smooth and sometimes it is not so smooth and some days more challenging then others. The course I am on right now is not all that smooth but there is a finish line and to finish I must move forward. Fast or slow is not the issue but keep moving forward.

What course are you on today. Rough, smooth, flat, up hill or down hill. God is still in control.

We must continue to look to Him no matter the course because He is the author and developer of our faith.

As I was praying a few days ago it seems the Holy Spirit spoke into my spirit and said, "Sometimes the miracle you are praying for is not the miracle you will receive but it will be a greater miracle."

Be encouraged today not to complain about the course you are on but to finish it.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment