Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Journey 10/21/10


I thought today I would describe the procedure. I go in at 9:15 every morning. A mask that has been designed for me is placed over my head and hooked to a table. This helps to keep my head and neck in the proper position for treatment. See picture above.

After that is all in place the radiation is given on both sides of my neck. Then it is done. This all takes place in the span of about 10 minutes. There is no pain from the actual treatment. I was told there could be some side effects such as sore throat, red sunburn like skin on my neck and a few others. I am praying they will be minimal or none. There will be a few days I will go in earlier but most of the time it will be the same time.

This is no revelation but life nor the responsibilities of life stop because we hit a bump in the road. There may be times we can take a break from some responsibilities but then someone else will have to do pick up the load.

Perhaps today you have hit a few bumps in the road. Maybe you do need to stop for a moment and refocus and then begin to move forward.

Bumps can come in many different forms and some are bigger then others, but God is bigger then them all. What bump have you hit? Be assured it can be overcome through a trust and faith in Jesus Christ.

Be encouraged today. Don't throw in the towel. Don't quit trusting in Jesus. Let Him help you through.

Blessings....

2 down and 33 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment