Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Journey 10/20/10

Today I go for the first of 35 radiation treatments. I was told they will last for 5 minutes. That amounts to a little over 2 hours of treatment.

The other day when I was setting in the doctor's office an elderly woman came in, she was in a wheel chair and I could see her ankle. The skin looked red and burned. She was having treatment as well. I immediately thought, "I wonder if my neck will look like that?" A lot of things can run through your mind.

This morning, during prayer, I was thinking about those in the church who have traveled this path of treatment for cancer. Some with chemo and raditation. I called their names during prayer, Katie, Steve, Daryle, Kathy, Jack, Paul, Dale and there may be others I am not even aware of. I began to thank God for walking with them and keeping His hand on them.

I was reminded the the Hebrew Children who were thrown in the fiery furnace and came out untouched. (I suppose radiation treatment could kind of be thought of as a fiery furnace because it can burn you.) That is what I am trusting Him for while I am going in, being in and coming out. Bottom line...TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!

Perhaps today, as a believer, you are facing a fiery furnace. Don't panic but rather state your position in Christ. You will come out.

1 down and 34 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment