Monday, October 31, 2011

If you don't succeed at first try, try again.....

We have all heard that statement. Last Sunday when I used my hands free device it blew out (wouldn't stay in) in a few minutes.

This week I used it again and it stayed where it was supposed to for the complete message.

It looks like it is going to work and for that I am thankful.

So many times we want to give up when something doesn't work the first time. If it is the right thing to do then keep on trying until you get it. You may have to go at it from a different angle but you will eventually get it. I had to do a few things differently but it worked.

I know people who have given their lives to Christ and then quit serving Him because they say, "It didn't work". I guess what they are thinking is that when one submits their life to Christ that everything is going to get easier. My experience has been just the opposite, sometimes life gets tougher.

The devil wants you to give up so he will throw road blocks in your way. The three Hebrew Children got a fiery furnace, the Children of Israel got a Red Sea, David got a giant and the list could go on and on.

Christ never promised smooth sailing He just promised He would sail with us. That is good enough for me.

If you have given up on serving Jesus why not give Him your life again, only this time keep on, keeping on.

2 Cor 4:15-16 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.


Be Blessed,
Rick

1 comment:

  1. Your faith, persistance and tenacity in the face of your trials has been an inspiration to me. I appreciate your example.

    ReplyDelete