Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Are we there yet?

We have all either said that or we have been asked that when traveling on a trip. My answer was always, "We will be there when we get there".

I am half way through my radiation treatments. At least with these I do know the ending day. I am almost there.

Today I should get my hands free device. This is one of those things that you can't 'try and then buy' but it is just the opposite, 'buy and then try'.

I am fairly confident that it will work. It will be nice, especially when speaking, to be hands free.

I have been blessed thus far with very little side effects from the radiation.

Back to the question, "Are we there yet?" If we think about Christ and His return I can say that we are almost there. No man knows the day nor hour but we can surely see the signs of His coming.

Gordon Jensen's song says it best:

Redemption Draweth Nigh

Years of time have come and gone
Since I first heard it told
Of how Jesus would come again some day
If back then it seemed so real
Then I just can’t help but feel
How much closer His coming is today

Wars and strife on every hand
And violence fills the land
Still some people doubt He’ll ever come again
But the Word of God is true
He’ll redeem His chosen few
Don’t lose hope soon Christ Jesus will descend

Signs of the times are everywhere
There’s a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
Lift up your head redemption draweth nigh


Keep looking up.

Blessings,
Rick

P.S. I will let you know next week how the hands free device worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment