Monday, October 24, 2011

Look mom no hands....

This Sunday was the first time that I preached with my hands free device installed. I have been using it since last Wednesday and it works great.

While I was preaching I blew it out and it would not stay installed so I had to revert back to the other way to talk by covering my stoma with my thumb.

The problem is my neck has swollen because of the radiation so it does not hold as well. I believe it will be OK once the radiation is finished and the swelling goes down.

I am continuing my series "UP" and this Sunday was "Listen Up". One point was: if you feel like quiting, listen up, don't quit. I had the illustration, first hand, by continuing on even through the hands free device was not working.

It is easy to get frustrated and feel like quitting but we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. The point is...you can't give up when things don't go as expected. You stop, refocus and keep moving forward.

What has not gone the way you thought? Has it stopped you or just caused you to refocus and move on? Bottom line...we cannot quit or give up in times of adversity.

One of my favorite verses in the bible is 1 John 4:4 You are of God little children and have overcome them, because greater is He that is in you then he that is in the world.

Next Sunday...Look mom no hands...and away I go.

Blessings,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment