Friday, August 3, 2012

One Year Later...It was one year ago that I was having surgery for cancer on my vocal cords.

It has been a long journey to this point and I am sure there will be other hurdles to cross as I move along.I continue to try and improve my ability to be understood when I speak.

During my prayer times I will read the bible out loud to be able to pronounce the words correctly. My last blood work showed that everything was fine.

I am so thankful for my wife and family and my church who have encouraged me to continue doing what God has called me to do.

Are there times that I want to quit? Of course. Each Sunday when I put the rubber hands free holder in my throat it is very painful. It takes a while for the pain to subside. It is in those times I want to quit, but it is also in those times I am reminded of the verse. Gal 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

This weekend, at church, is our annual Back To School Bash. Last year I had to miss it. This year I am thankful to be a part of it. If I could sing, I would sing, "To God Be the Glory". I can make a joyful sound and so I will say it the best I can, "To God Be the Glory".

Be encouraged today. Be patient. Hold fast to the profession of your faith.

Be Blessed,
Rick

I am putting a couple pictures on here that show a "then" and "now".

2 comments:

  1. Pastor Rick, I want to thank you for this article and for your powerful example of perseverance through a very difficult trail. You have encouraged me and I praise the Lord for your ministry! God bless you and grant you even greater influence as you preach the Gospel and serve the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rick!
    This is your cousin Steve Chism! Good to see you're still kickin and serving the Lord. It's helped me to recieve from God in times past realizing that, We are not the sick trying to get healed, but we are in fact according to His Word, "The Healed from whom the enemy is trying to steal health". Be encouraged, and continue to fight the good fight! Which is simply striving to enter into His rest, (The Glory of What He's already done!)Healing, Salvation, Deliverance.....Everything!!!! Be Blessed Cuzzz!

    ReplyDelete