Friday, November 18, 2011

Go forward......

When Moses was facing the Red Sea the children of Israel were complaining about everything. Here was God's response to Moses:

Exodus 14:15 And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:

Is there something that has you hitched to a post and you are going no where? A past hurt, an injustice, a sickness, a sorrow, a victory.

We can hitch to anything in life and stay there. I know men that are still talking about the touchdown they made in high school. That is where they are hitched.

Here is what Paul said: Philippians 3:12-14 I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. NLT

When Paul speaks of forgetting the past he does not just say the bad things in my past but he was forgetting his past. He could not depend on his successes or failures to help him press on or go forward.

What is it that identifies you? I don't want to be known as the pastor that had cancer but I want to be know as the pastor that loves Christ. Cancer is not my identity just as a hurt or sorrow or anything else should be yours.

Philippians 3:7-11 I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! NLT

Are there things in your life that you have hitched yourself to? Perhaps today would be a good time to allow Christ to loose you and let you go. Just as He spoke when Lazarus was raised from the dead. All the old grave clothes had to go.

There is an old song we used to sing entitled The Move is On. Let its words inspire you today to "Go Forward".

The move is on, my Lord, the move is on;
The move is on, my Lord, the move is on.
I can hear the rustle of the mulberry trees,
And I know, I know, I know the move is on.

Move on brother, move on sister,
This is the moving day,
Move a little closer,
Where the streams are flowing;
Move on, brother, move on.


Be Blessed,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment