Monday, January 24, 2011

The Journey 1/24/11

Today I was reading 1 John. There are several references to light and darkness. I began to think of other opposites in scripture; sweet and bitter, love and hate, heaven and hell, righteousness and unrighteousness.

I think there is a line to be drawn in the sand as so to speak. I am reminded of Moses when he came down the mountain with the 10 commandments. He saw Israel dancing around the Golden Calf and then, as so to speak, drew a line in the sand.

Exodus 32:26 So he stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the Lord’s side, come here and join me." And all the Levites gathered around him. NLT

The KJV actually puts it in question form: Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD’S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

Perhaps that is a question we need to ask ourselves. Maybe there are areas of our lives that are on the Lord’s side and areas that are not.

Maybe it is time to draw a line in the sand in your own life and step across it to the Lord’s side in every area.

Blessings

P.S. Just a note about my recovery from cancer on my vocal cords. My voice is getting stronger and clearer. This cold weather seems to affect it some. It is great to be able to speak and not squeak.

The skin on my neck has healed up nicely with very little noticeable signs of radiation treatment.

Once again I want to thank you for your prayers. I go back, hopefully, for one more visit to the doctor in mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment