Friday, January 14, 2011

The Journey 1/14/11

Today I thought I would just update you on the progress of my recovery from vocal cord cancer.

It has been a little over a month since my last radiation treatment. My voice is coming back pretty good.

The skin on my neck is healing up good. The cold weather makes it hurt a little but not much. I still apply the cream I bought. I will use it until it runs out. It is supposed to help the skin from scaring.

At this point I no longer have to shave where the treatment was given. I don't know if that will be always or just for a while.

I still have a hack and that has not seemed to let up. It seems to be more prevalent when I eat. I am sure it will eventually clear up.

My throat is still a little sore when I swallow but not near as much as before. I am hoping that will clear up as well.

Over all I am fairly confident that all the cancer is gone. I go back to the doctor in a couple of months. By then I am hoping everything will be cleared up.

It is really great being able to preach on Sunday mornings without a squeaking voice.

Thanks again for all your prayers and I ask that you continue to pray.

Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pastor Rick, we are Bill & Carol Strever. We are former members of the church where Pastor Roger Willis currently is. We will be relocating to Salem in just a few weeks and had stopped by the church one day while we were over looking around. Your youth Pastor was very gracious to us.

    Pastor Roger has been so encouraging to us where you are concerned. He has nothing but wonderful things to say about you. We feel like God picked Salem just because He knew we wanted to be back in an AG church.

    God bless your healing process.
    cjstrever@readingkidsolympics.org

    ReplyDelete